Storm Preparation Tips in Colorado Springs, CO
Storms can happen at any time and can hit anywhere. Whether it is a snowstorm, a hurricane, a hailstorm, or a thunderstorm, being prepared for these are essential to your survival, as well as to the safety of your family and your home.
When a storm is a forecast, your first concern should be your safety and your family’s safety. Your next concern should be the safety of your property, and to secure your home before the storm hits.
No matter what kind of storm is set to hit your area, here are some of the things you need to do to prepare for it:
- Secure outdoor items and bring them in before the storm hits – if you need to tie down objects in your yard that are too big to be brought into your home, do so. If you can bring these into your home, store them inside until the storm has passed.
- Repair damaged parts of your roof - make sure that your roof does not have any holes, damaged tiles, or missing shingles that may cause leaks to occur, which can then cause water damage to your home. Have an expert check your roof every few years to ensure that there are no holes, cracks, or missing tiles on these.
- Have a disaster emergency plan ready for any occurrence – it is better to be prepared for anything than to be caught in the middle of a disaster and not know what to do, whom to call, or where to go. Having a disaster emergency plan ready before a storm hits will help you keep your family and yourself safe. Have your family contact you about their whereabouts before a storm is set to hit, or when one hits out of the blue. Each member of your family should know where to go, whom to call, and what to do when they are outside your home when a storm occurs. Your disaster emergency plan should also include an evacuation plan, where you should meet up in case you cannot get to your home before the storm, and whom to contact for emergency support.
- Prepare an emergency storm kit for you and your family – this is essential if you are planning on braving the storm in your home. Include in your storm kit items that you will need should the power go out, like flashlights, blankets, and lamps. You will also need to have warm clothing for all the members of your family in this kit along with emergency finances, your insurance policies in a sealed plastic bag, ready-to-eat food good for a couple of days for all members of your family, drinking water and a first aid kit. Place these emergency supplies in an air-tight, waterproof container.
Call now or fill out the box below:
- Have an evacuation plan prepared – if there is a need for you to leave your home, you should have an evacuation plan ready as well. You will need to assign members of your family areas and items that they need to secure before you leave your home for safety. You will also need to instruct each member regarding what to do should they find themselves separated from you during your evacuation. You will know when you need to evacuate by listening to weather updates and warnings on the radio, so you should stay tuned to one while the storm is happening.
Contact Cyclone Kleen Up to Prepare for All Types of Colorado Storms
These are just some of the things you need to do before and during a storm. After the storm, when you need storm and flood restoration services, you should only trust experienced and well-trained individuals, like the people at Cyclone Kleen Up. We have years of experience and the skilled people you need to help get your home back to how it was before the storm hit. To find out more about our services, and what else we can do for you, call us today at 719-299-3887 or get in touch with us via our contact us page.